Team Members: Ollie and Brooks, 3rd grade
We are The Ducks. Our vehicle is The Quackmobile.
Our duck was innovative because, well, not many people would think “Hey, lets put a duck on our solar car.”
Dimensions: 20cm high, 15cm wide, 30cm long
Our duck was a good idea for design because the duck will show that we have speed and design. Our car will fly as fast as a duck! Our velcro on our red cup is good for design- have you seen a color combonation better thean red and black? I know i haven’t!
One problem we had was our car wouldn’t go straight. We started our car facing a small bit to the side to make it even out. Another problem we had was only one back wheel would spin. We fixed that by taping both back wheels to the axle.
To make the car go we had to :
- put the solar panel on top to catch the suns rays
- use cords to connect the solar panel to the generator
- attach a rubberband to a wheel to make the wheels all move
- attach both back wheels to the kabob stick (our axle)
- put our car under the sun