Sally Ride Elementary School
Adelina (4th grade) – Manuel (4th grade) – Alice (4th grade)
Kensleigh (3rd grade) – Sasha (5th grade) – Knox (1st grade)
Energy Transfer Machine’s Explanation
his project shows different energy transformations:
Chemical energy from batteries into electricity
– Electricity into mechanical energy of the fun
– Mechanical energy of the dominos push the ball down to the bucket thanks to the gravitational energy
– it transforms into chemical energy when vinegar and baking soda react together
– Chemical energy is transformed into mechanical
– with gravity’s help the ball rolls down in zigzag to the second bucket
– mechanical energy knocks down the cup with water to flush the toilet.
his project represents the Digestive System in humans.
It starts in the mouth where food or chemical energy enters the body. It goes down the esophagus until the stomach. The stomach breaks down the food into nutrients through a chemical reaction. The mixture goes to the Small intestine and nutrients are absorbed.
Next destination, the large intestine that absorbs the water and the rest of the nutrients from the food. Finally, the waist leaves the body when we go putty.
his project includes different types of simple machines.
- Wheel and Axle in the fan
- Lever when the balloon inflates and pushes one side of the lever
- Inclined plane is the most used in this project
- Pulley used twice to change the direction of motion of cups and the other extreme of the string.
AA batteries (2)
AA battery holder (1)
Wires and connectors
Water bottle (1)
Baking Soda (2 Spoons)
Dominoes (4 pieces)